Progress!

Friday, July 2, 2010

The Scale is Not Moving...in the right direction

Hello all,
I hope some of you are still following and reading my blog, again I apologize for being such a bad blogger and follower. But I am determined to keep up with the blog. I am getting discouraged. I have been trying weight watchers, trying working out 4 times a week, trying not eating as much, trying pretty much everything I can think of and the scale just does not move. So then after a few weeks of trying these things I think well obviously nothing is going to work so then I just revert back to eating horribly and not working out. Because the weeks that I work out and eat great I do not lose and the weeks that I eat bad and do not work out I stay the same, so sometimes I wonder what is the point then? If anyone has any words of advice I will gladly take them. UGH

On the Harry Potter front, I was a full blown addict. I read all 7 books in the matter of a couple months. I just finished book 7 (the last one) this afternoon, it was both sad and happy in the end. I really loved these books and wish I could just start reading them again. Hopefully in a couple of years I will have forgotten everything and can read them again, but I doubt it because I have such a good memory. But I hope when I am a teacher that I will have a Harry Potter unit and read the books with my class and test them on it and such!

Sorry not much to post today, just kind of feeling down about myself AGAIN. UGH. I hope everyone out there is having a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Lauren, if I may ask, what is the quality of your eating and exercise recently? Myself I have good workouts and sometimes bad workouts. Even though I worked out, the bad workouts dont burn as many calories or strengthen as well as the good workouts.

    Same for eating, you are following a plan I think in WW which I admit to not knowing much about. But a plan is a plan. Again, quality, are you follwoing the eating plan closely? Myself, I have days I eat what I planned, but, I may has over done it without meaning to because I put too much mayo on the sandwich, or the salad dressing was 6 TBS vs. 2, or the chicken breast that the planner said was 400 calories was really 750 because the chicken breast I bought was huge.

    Get an idea what I am asking? Sometimes we are doing what we think we should, but, we really are not doing it as well as we need too.

    Just something for you to think about.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand why you feel discouraged, but it's really still possible! I've tried weight watchers before and been really diligent and seen no results. Have you tried cutting back on 2-3 points? Also, try being super super careful about measuring - sometimes I think I know how much, then I accidentally overdo it!

    Keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I totally feel your pain! Its so darn frusturating!! Good Luck, I feel like all I can do is try-it cant hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine was moving great then I have hit a wall plus I saw a picture of myself in a bathing suit today. Getting back on being healthy. Glad tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete